I am so glad it’s the start of a New Year… I tend to prefer New Year over Christmas… I’m not usually a big fan of Christmas (which yes as a Christian I know is odd) but it often reminds me of memories and people no longer with us for various reasons – either bereavement or geographical distance, difficult relationships/friendships etc.
This year… I was less excited about it… maybe because so much has changed for me over the past few years and I guess I feel I’m not where I “should be” at this stage in life… lots of things I had thought/hoped would have happened by now haven’t for a whole lot of reasons. I still have hope for the future but I know that hope isn’t a strategy… that I need to set some goals and work at them rather than setting resolutions/things to give up which usually only last for January or a month or so.
Here’s a few not necessarily in any particular order:
* Take time to prioritise my health and well-being.
* Spend more time with family and friends.
* Pass my driving test.
* Get to my goal weight and maintain it.
* Volunteer for a charity.
* Travel somewhere new on my own for a few days.
* Read more than last year.
* Join the gym.
* Be more creative – in whatever way that looks like (musical, blogging, photography, art etc). I managed to start this one strong so far with pottery painting on 2nd January.
* Professional development/training.
* Start something new (not sure what yet, I need to think about this one a bit more).
Have you got any New Years Resolutions or goals for the year? I’d love to hear some of them along with any book recommendations for the year, please feel free to share in the comments.
Hope you’re having a great start to 2019.